- This event has passed.
Murray Method Level I Class
January 9 @ 9:00 am - January 12 @ 5:00 pm$600.00
Level I Overview:
Level I highlights awareness and understanding regarding the development of each individual’s personal growth and behavior as determined by his/her innate strengths, life experiences, family influences and environment.
- Emphasis is placed on Balance in Health – Physically, Emotionally, Intellectually and Spiritually, and in Relationships
- The “Bricks of Survival” are presented as each individual’s most basic needs – a foundation upon which all of one’s personal experiences and growth are based
- The “Circles of Intimacy, Responsibility and Impact” are introduced which provide a format for identifying priorities and boundaries in relationships and activities
- A “Trauma Egg” is created by each participant as a visual record of painful and difficult issues in their life
- Draws a representation of their pain
- Discusses their defense mechanisms as a child and as an adult and draws these defenses
- Discloses how they contribute to dysfunction in relationships; admits when they have moved from “victim to victimizer” – when they are aggressive and passive-aggressive, and draws these behaviors
- Focuses on their natural talents and abilities – on who they were designed to be
- Learns how to become a Healthy Balanced Person – a combination of Physical, Emotional, Intellectual and Spiritual including natural talents and abilities – plus empathy, appropriate boundaries and the capacity for healthy relationships
- Begins to realize that one cannot experience intimacy with another person (or even God) until they are intimate with and know and understand themselves
4 days, 28 hours (9a – 5p), plus homework; attendance required at all sessions. Price includes Cont’l bkfst & lunch each day.
Classes are led each day by Marilyn Murray.
The sessions will be conducted with time devoted to didactic instruction and to experiential work.
The Murray Method program originated to help you become who you were designed to be… a Healthy Balanced Person – Emotionally, Intellectually, Spiritually, and Physically. The Murray Method is not intended to replace your personal therapy.