- This event has passed.
March 30, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
This workshop hits two very key marriage subjects; Creating a healthy marriage environment (safety vs fear) and The Dance that destroys relationships (The Fear Dance, how we get into it, how to get out of it and how to work on root issues that trigger our fear buttons).
This workshop allows the couples to interact, do exercises and address these issues together.
Session 1 Creating a healthy and safe environment for our marriage
There are two paths your relationship can take. In fact, in every interaction between you and your spouse, you have a choice to make. You can move towards creating and maintaining a safe environment for your relationship, or you can fall into the trap of reacting to one another in ways that make the relational environment feel insecure and unsafe. This workshop will help you understand:
- What relational safety is
- Why safety in marriage is so important
- The roads that leads to isolation or intimacy
- How we can create a healthy and safe environment for our marriage
Session 2 The Dance that destroys relationships
There is a dance that destroys relationships and at some point all couples engage in this destructive dance. Dr. Gary Smalley goes as far as to call this dance the #1 cause of divorce.
Couples must recognize what they are doing to perpetuate conflict in their marriage. Both husband and wife have core fears, or “fear buttons” or “anger buttons,” that both parties are completely unaware of. When these buttons get pushed in conflict they drive a reaction, this reaction will usually trigger the others fear button and the dance begins. Left unchecked, couples can get stuck in an unpleasant cycle that Dr. Smalley calls “the fear dance”.
In this interactive workshop, we will
- Understand how this cycle begins and perpetuates
- Identify the husbands fear buttons and reactions
- Identify the wives fear buttons and reactions
- Learn how our buttons and reactions affect each other and get us STUCK in conflict
- Learn how to get out of the cycle/dance and set ourselves up for deeper work to receive healing in those fear areas of our lives