- This event has passed.
The Marriage TOOLS Series – The CONFLICT Cycle
April 3 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm$90.00
In this 2 hr group session we will teach you a tool that helps you identify why you get into conflict, what’s below the surface of every conflict and most importantly, we’ll teach you how to get out of the conflict cycle. This is a working session. You & your spouse will walk away with a map of your specific conflict cycle map.
There is a destructive cycle that destroys relationships and at some point all couples engage in this cycle. Dr. Gary Smalley goes as far as to call this cycle the #1 cause of divorce.
Couples must recognize what they are doing to perpetuate conflict in their marriage. Both husband and wife have core fears, or “fear buttons” that both parties are completely unaware of. When these buttons get pushed in conflict they drive a reaction, this reaction will usually trigger the others fear button and the cycle begins. Left unchecked, couples can get stuck spinning in this unpleasant cycle.
In this interactive workshop, we will
- Understand how this cycle begins and perpetuates
- Identify the husbands fear buttons and reactions
- Identify the wives fear buttons and reactions
- Learn how our buttons and reactions affect each other and get us STUCK in this conflict cycle
- Learn how to get out of the cycle and set ourselves up for deeper work to receive healing in those fear areas of our lives